Man Cave Snacks: Recipes for a "Manly" Party


This past weekend I threw a surprise birthday party for my husband who is nearing 40. He absolutely crumbled at the thought of my throwing up streamers and draping color themed curly ribbon across our dining room ceiling in his honor. We do that whole entire-house birthday decorating for the kids and he just couldn't fathom having a childish birthday designed for him. I would say my husband exceeds the "man card", more like a man-poster. He likes bacon wrapped around his bacon and has a theory that no meal is complete without an array of meat and protein packed goodies.


Needless to say, I had to get creative with this assortment of snacks provided. I mustered up a surprise birthday party complete with bar-food style snacks and all. I hid cases of soda in closets and bags of chips in my home office, an assortment of wrapped gifts throughout the house, and even asked friends to not respond to him at all on the day of his party. I stocked our back porch mini-fridge with beer hidden in the drawers and prepared cold snacks while he did his Sunday morning chores.

It's not out of the ordinary for just my husband and I to cook up a feast of our own and of course he knew we would for the day of his birthday. Needless to say we had plenty of meat on hand. The night prior, we took a trip to our local meat market and found fresh bacon scraps, a pork loin, slab of ribs and a tray of assorted chicken. I loaded the fridge with odds and ends like fresh jalapenos and cream cheese for his favorite bacon wrapped jalapenos. He lit the grill, soaked his apple wood chips and i secretly prepared a testosterone-induced feast!

Guests began to arrive at 4 o'clock. As They met my husband in the back near the grill I began to unload the snacks and unravel the crock pots. First on the list a spicy pork queso. Into the crock pot went browned pork sausage seasoned with red chilies and pepper. When that was warmed I added tomatoes, green chilies, cheddar cheese and milk. Scoop up a glob with a couple crunchy tortilla chips and you have tasted cheese heaven. Next on the table was a crock pot of grape jelly and chili sauce. Once that cooked down into a saucy marinade, I added 2 packages of miniatrure beef smokies and let them sizzle until a deli toothpick was stuck into each one.

Surprisingly with radishes being one of my husband's favorites, I decided to make a veggie tray and cheese dip incorporating these spicy vegetables into our meaty menu. I made a homemade vegetable dip using a little sour cream, mayonnaise,  Italian dressing and a dash of oregano. Sliced radishes, green peppers and carrots lined the vegetable tray. For my radish cheese dip I added dill, fresh lemon juice, feta cheese, cream cheese and julianed radishes. I served this citrus-exploding cheese dip with crackers and pretzels on the side.

Besides the assortment of chocolate covered nuts, shelled peanuts on the table and various whiskys in the freezer, I made a couple "man-cave snacks" that I can't get enough of.

Horseradish Roast Beef Sandwich Wraps

4 Ounces (1/2 Package) Cream Cheese

1 Tablespoon Spicy Mustard, or Horseradish Mustard
3 Tablespoons Prepared Horseradish
5 Medium-Sized Flour Tortillas
40 Fresh Spinach Leaves
25 Slices Deli-Thin Roast Beef (or 1 tub Store-Bought Roast Beef)
1 Cup 6-Blend Shredded Italian Cheese

In a small mixing bowl, add cream cheese, spicy mustard and prepared horseradish. Mix together with a fork until smooth and creamy. Over a clean surface, lay a 12 inch long sheet of cling wrap. Place a cold tortilla in the center and spread a thin layer of creamy horseradish mix over top until smooth. Toss spinach leaves across spread and top with a thick coating of roast beef slices. Sprinkle with shredded cheese and begin to roll up. Starting from one side, tightly roll entire wrap into a log, stuffing in any excess meat or cheese. Once rolled, tightly roll into cling wrap covering on all sides. Place each prepared sandwich wrap in the refrigerator to chill for 4-6 hours before serving. To serve, remove cling wrap and place each roll onto a cutting board. Insert 5 cocktail toothpicks into each sandwich wrap, evenly. With a sharp knife or bread knife begin to gently cut 5 rolls and repeat for each log. Once sliced, you may push entire toothpick through slice to keep it intact. Serve immediately.

(About 12 Servings)

⇨ Dont Forget to follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram & Twitter. Click the links below to follow more Broke Momma Snacks!
Blog, Photos & all Recipes Copyright ©Amorie Keys, 2014 . (©Honey, I'm Home, & ©Leftover Legacies, ©Humbly Homemade, ©Broke Momma Cooks). All Photos and recipes are subject to copyright. Follow Honey, I'm Home on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram & Twitter.


Comments

Popular Posts