Gooey Vegan Butterscotch Chip Cookies


Although I mostly baked vegan, and gluten-free for myself, vegan is not something that I usually can get away with feeding to my husband. Being on that last stretch until our bi-weekly pay day, I was getting ready for a girls night out of town and I knew I had to leave my honey SOMETHING to keep him busy. I looked through the pantry to find a measly half bag of butterscotch chips left, enough flour for a couple dozen cookies and not even a scoop of butter left in the fridge. 

Determined to make it work, I used my best judgement to replace butter with oil, skip the eggs all together and throw the butterscotch chips in at the end. Reading similar recipes online for egg-less cookies, I realized this would be just the thing he needed. Squishy, gooey and all together delightful cookies- just the way he likes them.  Baked at precisely 11 minutes a batch, I was able to squeeze out 4 1/2 dozen cookies to tide him over until the next day when I came home. 

Hilariously enough, this was a perfect recipe that he loved and had no idea that it was vegan at all. No butter, no dairy and no eggs, what a shocker there! He even enjoyed mixing it up with the butterscotch chips; what a relief. I plated them beautifully, covered them neatly in plastic cling wrap and sealed the remainder in a zip lock bag. Complete with a small hand-written note, I labeled what I had made him and wrote a little love note inside. 

Gooey Vegan Butterscotch Chip Cookies

2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1 Teaspoon Salt
3/4 Cup Olive Oil
1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
1/2 Cup Packed Brown Sugar
1 1/2 Teaspoons Vanilla
1 1/2 Cups (Half a Bag) Dairy-Free Butterscotch Chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large mixing bowl add flour, baking soda and salt. Stir and set aside. In a separate mixing bowl or stand mixer add oil granulated sugar and brown sugar. Blend on high until well combined and smooth. Add flour mixture and mix well. Add vanilla and mix until all ingredients are combined and batter is no longer lumpy. Add butterscotch chips and mix by hand or with a wooden spoon. Stir until spread evenly throughout. Roll batter into 1 inch balls and place onto a greased cookie sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes and remove from heat. Place onto cooling racks before serving.

(About 4 1/2 Dozen Cookies)






⇨ Don't Forget to follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram & Twitter. Click the links below to follow more Dairy-Free Recipes and Vegan Blogs!
Blog, Recipe & Photos Copyright ©Amorie Keys, 2015 . (©Honey, I'm Home, & ©Leftover Legacies, ©Humbly Homemade, ©Broke Momma Cooks). All Photos and recipes are subject to copyright. Follow Honey, I'm Home on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram & Twitter.

Comments

Popular Posts