Chocolate Toffee Walnut Bar Cookies




 Oh sweet heaven cookie bars are in! I made a mix of all of the "half-bags" of sweets left in the cupboard for birthday baking and the holidays and this is what I got. Thick, soft and full of crunchy sweet flavor. I bought chocolate toffee bits and added half a bag of mini chocolate chips as well. I was planning to make a chocolate chip walnut cookie but due to a nut-allergy in the family and the other half's dislike for nuts, I decided to crush them up and throw them into the mix. (I knew they would end up in the mouths of hungry working men, anyhow).

This mixture turned out fabulous considering the entire tub I sent with my husband to work came back empty with talk of further requests. I have sent many treats to the busy and hungry car shop that my husband works at, but never have I heard so many great things and demands for more than this recipe. In such great demand, actually that I made another entire batch only a couple days following. I worked my magic this time with a handful of oats in place of walnuts and they turned out equally delicious. 

I know this because I brought a sample in to my friend and bar tender at the local watering hole, who not only is diabetic (and asked for further free samples) but also waived my entire tab for the evening. Maybe I should barter-bake more often!

I used this batter to make cookies in bar-form, but feel free to adjust to sheet cookies instead. Using this batter as a base, you could add chocolate chunks, chips, crumbled toffee, nuts, oats or even butterscotch chips. Whatever you have on hand (or whatever sounds best to you) throw in when your batter is made and you are sure to impress. Most cookie recipes call for butter or margarine as the fat source, but for this recipe (being somewhat of a cake and call) I used oil. Not much, but it makes the cookie come out a lot lighter and fluffier instead of being thick and dense. 

So, get your sweets and treats together, we are going to bake some magic. 















Chocolate Toffee Walnut Bar Cookies

3/4 Cup Packed Brown Sugar

3/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
1/2 Cup Oil
2 Large Eggs, Room Temperature
1 1/2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
2 1/2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1 Teaspoon Salt
1/2 Cup Crushed Walnuts
1 Cup Chocolate Toffee Bits

Cooking Spray


Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a large mixing bowl or stand mixer, add packed brown sugar, granulated sugar and oil. Blend on a high speed until smooth. Add eggs, vanilla extract and blend until well beaten. Mixing slowly, add flour, baking soda and salt. Continue, scraping sides until all ingredients are completely combined. Add walnuts and 3/4 cup chocolate toffee bits. Stir slowly until well mixed. In a heavily greased 9 x 13 glass baking dish, pour batter. Spread with a spatula or spoon until flat and even. Cover with a dusting of remaining chocolate toffee bits and place into preheated oven. Bake for 27-30 minutes or until golden brown. A toothpick inserted should remove clean. Let cool slightly and cut into serving-size squares. Serve warm, room temperature or store in an air-tight container to keep fresh. 


(About 18 Servings) 



⇨ Don't Forget to follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram & Twitter. Click the links below to 
follow more Holiday Inspired Recipes and Blogs!
Blog, Recipe & Photos Copyright ©Amorie Keys, 2015 . (©Honey, I'm Home, & ©Leftover Legacies, ©Humbly Homemade, ©Broke Momma Cooks). All Photos and recipes are subject to copyright. Follow Honey, I'm Home on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram & Twitter.

Comments

Popular Posts